It's interesting to think that I'll be leaving for Bolivia in less than
24 hours. I can't wait to finally meet the community of Quincucirca,
who I have been working with for the last 2 years through Engineers
Without Borders-UC Davis.
I really appreciate that the Blum Center is funding my trip, so that I can work with the community, the NGO Engineers in Action, and EWB's Bolivia team in order to build a water distribution system for the town of Quincucirca.
Now I just need to finish packing, spend the night in LA, and then fly out in the morning. Geronimo!
After overcoming my initial fears and worries, I'm really excited for the trip. Initially I was worried because my mind was running through every possible scenario I could imagine, good or bad. However I finally realized that I could arrive in Bolivia and be scared of the possibilities; or I could jump in, say Geronimo, and deal with situations as they arise.
Jordan Thoennes, undergraduate, Civil Engineering, UC Davis
I really appreciate that the Blum Center is funding my trip, so that I can work with the community, the NGO Engineers in Action, and EWB's Bolivia team in order to build a water distribution system for the town of Quincucirca.
Now I just need to finish packing, spend the night in LA, and then fly out in the morning. Geronimo!
After overcoming my initial fears and worries, I'm really excited for the trip. Initially I was worried because my mind was running through every possible scenario I could imagine, good or bad. However I finally realized that I could arrive in Bolivia and be scared of the possibilities; or I could jump in, say Geronimo, and deal with situations as they arise.
Jordan Thoennes, undergraduate, Civil Engineering, UC Davis

Comments
Post a Comment